I always complain that November is the only month of the year that people care about diabetes… But this year I was ready for them, and it was amazing!
Seriously amazing. World Diabetes Day was on the 14th November (Tuesday this week) and I am so fired up about all the possibilities to make a positive impact for people with diabetes in South Africa. Here’s a round-up of interviews from this week:
- Cape Talk: An interview with Pippa Hudson talking about World Diabetes Day and Sweet Life magazine. Listen to the podcast here.
- Algoa FM: An interview with Jeff Moloi talking about living the ‘sweet life’ on World Diabetes Day. Listen to the podcast here.
- Health24: 10 tips to manage your diabetes
- Glamour magazine: 5 Essential ingredients for a healthy life with diabetes
- Good Housekeeping magazine: 5 Smart lifestyle changes I made when I was diagnosed with diabetes
I went to a fascinating conference at the beginning of the week – Tackling the Challenges of Diabetes and Obesity in Africa – and met some truly great minds who are working, every day, to make people’s lives better. So inspired! Watch this space.