Let’s talk about the slices of joy we’re finding at the moment…
I’ll go first.
As a backdrop: I’ve felt deeply fatigued and emotional this week, after the stress and heartache of last week, and in the fragile peace we seem to (hopefully) find ourselves in this week. Add in kids at home all day during rainy days and trying to catch up on work, and thin slices of joy are really all I feel capable of.
Here are some of mine:
- Hot showers on cold mornings, by candlelight.
- Lying down and reading a terrific book (The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett)
- Slicing into a perfect avo… And scobbling it all up.
- Running into a friend unexpectedly on a wild and windy walk.
- Hearing from readers who have (already!) finished The Grief Handbook, and loved it. What a joy!
What you got?